Для наших англоязычных читателей FunFormula публикует англоязычную версию интервью с Натали Декер.
Fun Formula had a chance to interview a young top prospect racer, who started full-time racing in ARCA series, Natalie Decker.
– First of all I would like to thank Venturini and Natalie for the opportunity to ask questions. We would like to know from you what it is – to participate in the race at Daytona Speedway? How does this superspeedway differ from another – Pocono Raceway, where you started last year?
– Participating in the Daytona race was a dream come true. I still cant believe I got the pole. Superspeedways are nothing like any other tracks!
– In 2016 you tried your hand at the Camping World Truck Series. Tell us about your feelings when you arrived in the world of NASCAR at the age of 18? What is it like to be on a track with such stars as Kyle Busch, Kyle Larson, Daniel Suarez and William Byron?
– That race came about so fast! It kind of happened out of nowhere.
– Your cousins, Paige and Claire also started in races, but now you are the driving force behind Deckers family. Tell us about your relationships with your sisters – how were they when you raced together and how did they change after you started racing fulltime?
– Racing has always been a family thing for us. The best memories I have growing up are racing with my cousins!
– Natalie, you have three teammates – Michael Self, Leilani Munter and Christian Eckes. Tell us about your relationships with them.
– I have GREAT teammates! I love having another girl for sure! Its always a good time at the track with my teammates.
– Natalie, you have great start of the season – pole and top-5 finish. Tell us about your expectations for the new season. Do you expect to win this year?
– Yes! We expect to win! Im so happy with the top 5 and the pole at Daytona. Our goal is to get top 5’s and Rookie of the Year!
– Many drivers combine different racing series during one season. Do you plan to take part in the Camping World Truck Series or Ixfinity series?
– My plan is to race the full season in ARCA and do a few super late races back home in Wisconsin.
– Natalie, after the departure of Dany Patrick from NASCAR, many, including us, believe that you are becoming a new role model for girls who want to engage in motor racing. Do you feel the burden of responsibility? What is it to feel like the one on whom the growing generation equals?
– Danica has done so much for the sport and for all us girls, thank her so much for that! I hope to do the same and be a role model for other girls!
– You said that you really enjoyed working with the new spotter – Eddie D\’Ondt. Will he remain your spotter throughout the season?
– No, I only had Eddie for the Daytona race…and he was amazing!
– Would you like to try yourself in the open-wheel races? Do you have any interest to take part in the Indy 500?
– I love racing and would race anything I could, but NASCAR is my goal!
– All your life is made of races. But is there something that you prefer to do when you do not compete?
– Racing is my life but there are other things I enjoy…watersports, snowmobiling, yoga/dance and just hanging out with my friends and family!
– What role did your father play in your desire to take part in the races?
– My dad is my everything! He has done everything in his power to make my dreams come true. I hope one day I can at least be half as amazing as my mom and dad are to me!
– Athletes are very jealous of their physical form. You are not an exception. Tell us how many hours per day do you spend working out?
– Working out is so important to me, and not just for racing but for my own health as well!
– Natalie, what did you ask Santa last year?
– I asked Santa for everyones dreams to come true. I wrote it down at the mall and put it in the Santa mail…there is a picture of me doing this on instagram, November 25, 2017
– You are known as a master of racing on short tracks, but have already proved that Pocono and Daytona superspeedways do not scare you. What do you prefer more – a short track or superspeedway?
– I love them both for different reasons. I really did fall in love with Superspeedways after Daytona.
– Do you have any rituals before the race? What is the most important part of the weekend for you?
– I do not have any rituals. The most important part of the weekend for me is having fun, being happy and being with my family at the race track. Also making my fans happy, and the best way to make them happy is to be happy yourself!…well, and winning!
FunFormula would like to thank Tom Venturini, Director of marketing and public relations of the Venturi Motorsports team, for his help in organizing the interview.